blog title flat final resized

Friday 11 January 2008

My first completed project for 2008!


This dress out of...

this book (ISBN 9784834725568).

This minus...

these equals...

this (much nicer).

I also increased the boob bits* because I knew bits designed for petite Japanese chests wouldn't come close to fitting my honky milk-jugs (and I was right).

Close-up of cross-over front.

Fabric from Spotlight.

Snaps (of me) courtesy of MissM (4yo).

*I have a PhD in sewing terminology, can you tell?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great, the fabric choice and pattern work so well together. I love "boob bits", too funny. I would like to submit "booty bits" to your Technical Sewing Terms Manuscript. Can you tell what the book or magazine is that you were in inspired by and where you purchased it?
Enjoy your new first great for 2008.

Hyena In Petticoats said...

heh heh heh

I love your sewing terminology!

The dress is very cute - and the darts make it fit perfectly - well done!

Leah xxx

platitudinal said...

... and you can sew too!
Wow, I'm duly impressed :)

Beth said...

Your dress is super cute and you are so funny. You had me cracking up!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm so excited that you're going to be making your first bag.